- 15-Feb-2017 to 16-May-2017 (EST)
- Springfield, VA, USA
- Full Time
Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Fitter in the Springfield, VA District. With annual sales of more than $130 million, VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is growing rapidly and we are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 900 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
We are looking for a Fire Sprinkler Fitter with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
As part of the VSC Fire & Security, Inc. team the Fire Sprinkler Fitter:
- Installs and tests fire suppression equipment in new or retro-fit construction projects
- Follows fire sprinkler installation design plans, communicates needed design change to fit actual site requirements
- Delivers materials to the job site and for minor fabrication on job site as needed
- Utilizes hand tools, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools
- Works alone or with other crew members under the direction of a Foreman
- Oversees work of apprentice(s) and helper(s) assigned to project
- When assigned to working alone, is responsible for communication with site superintendent, owner and field superintendent as representative of VSC Fire & Security, Inc.
The Fire Sprinkler Fitter position requires:
- Completion of approved Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice Program (Levels 1-4) with Journeyman certification or 1+ years demonstrated Sprinkler Fitter experience
- Knowledge of pipefitting, related plumbing regulations and fire protection codes and standards
- Holds valid state driver's license with acceptable driving record to be approved to drive company vehicle
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome minorities, females, veterans and disabled candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you!