- 26-Jan-2017 to 27-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
- Full Time
Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Superintendent in Myrtle Beach, SC. With annual sales of more than $130 million, we are growing rapidly and are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
We are looking for a Fire Sprinkler Superintendent with a proven track record, strong business management expertise, and excellent communications skills. VSC Fire & Security, Inc. recruits and retains outstanding fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Top-tier benefit package:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match
- Paid holiday and vacation days
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
The successful Fire Sprinkler Superintendent candidate will have experience that includes:
- Extensive knowledge fire protection and life safety systems and fire protection regulatory standards, and state and local codes
- Supervisory experience as a fire sprinkler foreman or supervisor
- Ability to read and understand fire protection and system drawings
- Leadership skills, including ability to communicate, address personnel issues and make fair decisions related to project demands, customer service and employee assignments
- Ability to perform work in an efficient and organized matter and maintain thorough record keeping skills
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers and provide excellent customer service
The Fire Sprinkler Superintendent will:
- Hire, train and supervise employee team including visiting job sites to check on employees, progress of work, etc.
- Plan, schedule and direct day-to-day fire sprinkler contract team
- Monitor job costs, labor hours and other expenses
- Work closely with sales and design staff on project specifications, staff needs and change orders
- Represent the company in meetings with general contractor, owner, property manager, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and regulatory agencies
- Oversee employees to guide compliance with all site-specific and company safety standards including reporting of accidents and injuries
- Establish and maintain communication with customers and other contractors pertaining to work schedules, progress reports, change orders, etc.
- Manage multiple projects and make recommendations in response to changing conditions to meet contract schedules
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 900 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth and success. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized VSC Fire & Security, Inc. as a Quality Contractor.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome minorities, females, veterans and disabled candidates.